rE: [IP] herbal supplements

At 03:54 PM 3/21/2003 -0500, jhughey wrote:

>SURE! All kinds of stuff and nonsense has been offered/recommended/told to
>me over the last 52+ years. I sometimes - since the latter decades of it -
>say that I'll trust the doctors who have studied for years to determine my
>care. YMMV???

May not be as much YMMV as you think.  There are no requirements for
supplements to undergo testing to verify either their safety or
efficacy.  Manufacturers can claim whatever they want, and there's very
little accountability.  Sometimes a supplement turns out to be dangerous,
and then the FDA will step in, such as in the case of ephedra, implicated
in the death of a major league pitcher recently.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.