[IP] Re: Type 2 and overweight people

>...I also do not want to offend anyone who is overweight.  SO if you take
offense to this question and you are overweight I am truly sorry if I have
offended you.>

Sorry, I'm a T-1 and took offence at the post. I go to a semi-monthly DM
meeting made up of T-2's and I'm usually the only T-1 there. I noticed the
other month that there really are NO grossly overweight people there, in
fact, many of them are very trim and to be envied! My mom's side of the
family is overweight
(can't be caused by aunt sitting on the toilet while eating a bag of
fun-sized Snickers) and there is NO DM in the family, Type 1 or Type 2 other
than me. I have my father's build. I also know several HUGE (not HUGH -
that's a name, not a size) people who do not have diabetes.

Gina, you also know that getting BGs under control is no guarantee of no
kidney damage since you and I are both on dialysis. ;-) I kinda think it's
same thing. Do we accept blame for our complications?

>They say Diabetes is on the rise, well then do something about it!
Obviously there is nothing you can do to avoid T1 bieng an autoimmune
disease, but T2 you can fight it and win!! >

I think that's unfair. Does this need to be said to the general population
who do not have DM (yet) to avoid it? Saying that to the T-2's on this list
is telling them they can rid themselves of DM and I do not believe that
happens - at least not permanently or often. I also believe my T1 is not an
autoimmune disease - but caused by the 8-year staph infection and my
pancreas could not handle that infection from age 3 to 11.5. You can
overblow a balloon and pop it, or you can stop at the right size and pop it
with a pin. Either way, it is destroyed.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard. ~ Steven