[IP] herbal supplements

I was approached about a year ago by someone selling a line of herbal
supplements (I won't mention the name of the company).  I told the
salesperson that because I have diabetes, I stay away from herbal
supplements of any kind.  Well, she was TOTALLY trying to sell me a
particular product that was supposed to help with lowering glucose levels in
the body.  She told me that there was one lady who had been on insulin prior
to taking this product and AFTER taking it, didn't have to take insulin

Because I live in a very small community and I know this lady's family
(parents, siblings, grandparents) I didn't really go off on her as she
deserved at that moment.  I just laughed at her and immediately went to the

Have any of you ever been approached about taking an herbal product that
will "help you to get off insulin"???

I still laugh about it now!