Re: [IP] Renaming Diseases

Jim wrote:

> Whether we like or dislike the name of our condition(s), changing the name
> is not a trivial matter.  Disease names are controlled by the International
> Classification of Diseases Tenth Revision (ICD-10) controlled by the World
> Health Organization.  The process of modifying a disease name is very
> involved and takes quite a long time.  For more information see
> http://www.who.int/whosis/icd10/ <http://www.who.int/whosis/icd10/> .

Not only that but then think of all the PR work that would have to go in to
make sure that the name change gets out there! It is a huge process that will
cost millions of dollars. I feel for those that want a name change ,
personally I don't care what its called. I have diabetes and I know its
autoimmune and that I require insulin. I don't think that Type1 is better
then Type 2 or vice versa. Those that want a name change...what is the real
reason behind your feelings? Are you tired of people telling you how to treat
your disease (or your child's)?

EMT's and most medical workers deal with Type 2 who don't use insulin. They
are going to have to know the most about it because they see it on a routine

This issue is never going to be solved and please everyone. How do u teach an
old dog new tricks???

dxd age 7 1988 pumping 1992