Re: [IP] Glucagon findings and pizza

One factor you haven't considered is that large boluses of insulin
are  slower and possibly less effective than small doses.  This is
true even with injected boluses.  If you give yourself a shot of 10U
and compare it to 10 1U shots, you will find your BG dropping much
faster with the 10 shots.   So just spreading out your 10 U in half
over 3 hours may work more effectively.  This should work equally
well for any carb that needs 10 U.

Yes, the amino acid, arginine, has been used in experimental studies
to test glucagon release.  But this is always done intravenously at
high levels.  A few pieces of pepperoni would not have much total
protein, let alone much arginine.  And arginine is not in all
proteins, so your hypothetical argument (not repeated here) about how
the body would work, won't work for all proteins anyway.
p.s. re: the notion what we are is a CREATED rather than evolved
design, I'd sure like to get my hands on whoever created diabetes.
That whoever sure needs a lot more practice.

<<<<<<<<<Very recently, I switched to this new scheme.  Eating the
same 100 carb
pizza, I give 5 units immediately, and then 5 units as an extended
bolus (total of 10 units) for 3 hours.  My 2 hour post-pizza reading
was still in the 140-150 range (specifically, 146 in my most recent
attempt).  My 4-hour post-pizza reading was actually about 130.>>>>>>>

<<<<<<I've found numerous studies, including at least ONE you provided, that
said that glucagon IS produced in response to arginine, which is an
amino acid found in many protein-rich foods. >>>>>>>