Re: [IP] stupid question

> ok here is a stupid one...."they" say diabetes (both type 1 and type 2)
> on the rise.....Do they take into account the EXPLOSION in population?  so
> when that seattle article says "diabetes diagnoses have risen 5% since
> am I to assume they HAVE taken into account the fact that there are X%
> people around??

Population is growing, certainly, but not at the rate that it has at other
times in history, such as when the baby boom generation was born.  That is
actually a cause for concern, because there won't be enough in the workforce
to support all the baby boomers when they retire, because the birth rate
hasn't kept with those rates at all.

That doesn't answer your question entirely, but it is worth considering.
Insulin has been available long enough that the rates of diagnosis could
have been tracked during the baby boom childhood and a little before.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990