[IP] FedEx Delivery of pumps

I have had this problem also with FedEx.  They are responsible for the
package if it is not delivered and signed for by the person who is
supposed to receive the package.  I live in a condo and had to leave a
signed note for the delivery person that it was OK to leave the
package on my front porch.  Fortunately I was still home when they
came to deliver.  This is a Minimed thing and also a FedEx thing.  But
you would think with such a small package, why the driver wouldn't
carry the package up with them in case you are home, seems to me they
are wasting more time driving around and leaving notes than to
actually try to deliver the package?