Re: [IP] Types of Diabetes

This a personal attack, as I have read some of the same things by others
over a long period of time, and have chosen to not respond.  I certainly
take exception to the thread below.  Anytime we speak about someone
elses disease, we tread on thin ice.  The test is: "Can we say you have
walked in their shoes?"  I am Type 2 and I do not produce insulin
anymore, plus I am highly resistant to the insulin I inject. I now take
a total of 400 units of insulin a day.  I certainly would die if I
didn't take insulin from going too high.  And I worry that some day my
body will accept the insulin, and I will die from going too low.   I
don't see the risk of dying from diabetes as any badge of honor.  Maybe
there should be two different insulin-pumper groups so that we type 2's
can be segregated from those who think that type 1 is the only "pure"
form of diabetes.  This is just ridiculous, and I hope not many people
feel that way.

>>> email @ redacted 10:43:40 AM 3/20/03 >>>
In the diabetes support group that I go to:

10 people take insulin, 2 are type 1 diabetics. I am refering to
insulin :-)