Re: [IP] diabetes name change

> Offhand, my suggestion is to change the names to "autoimmune
> diabetes" versus "metabolic diabetes" (that's type I versus type II,
> respectively, for the newest folks on the list).

I vote for one of the diseases (probably type 1, since it is less well
known) to have a totally different name from diabetes.  It is the same word
(which would still be used shorthand in the above scenario) that gets people

Of course, then I'd have to remember to say something other than, "I have
diabetes," when explaining my condition to people.  But if it avoided
confusion, I'm up for it.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990