[IP] diabetes name change

RE:  "This is one of the biggest reasons I think that Type I Diabetes
needs to be
referred to as something  other than Diabetes.  Either that or refer to
II  as something else.  It's the new kid on the block, so make it
change.  =)"

And who, unless they are diabetic (or some endos and CDE's) can keep
type I and type II straight anyway?  If they (whoever "they" are) could
change the names from "juvenile versus adult onset" to "type I versus
type II" then surely the names can be changed again.  The old names
were inaccurate, but at least they gave you a clue as to which one they
were talking about.  So come on folks, let's come up with some better
names.   Offhand, my suggestion is to change the names to "autoimmune
diabetes" versus "metabolic diabetes" (that's type I versus type II,
respectively, for the newest folks on the list).   I'm trying to think
of a better term for type II, but no other one-word terms leap to mind
right away.  Again - the name changed once already, the medical
establishment must have a mechanism (formal or informal) by which the
name can change again......

- Maria Oyaski
mom to Sigrid, 17 mos, dx'd 11 mos - will be pumping next week (if
Cozmo's are shipping by then!)