Re: [IP] Re: Call It Something Else (Was: Diabetic Magazines--Any Suggestion...

In a message dated 3/19/03 7:39:32 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Artorius Rex Said: <snipped>

 >This is one of the biggest reasons I think that Type I Diabetes needs >to
 >be referred to as something  other than Diabetes.  Either that or
 >refer to Type II as something else.

 Thank you for saying that.  Good to know I'm not the only one that feels
 that way.

 I wonder if there's really anything we could do to change this?  Maybe a
 real get-in-your-face campaign about Type I?  (I'm good at that....) >>

OK. I'm hearing more and more of this (not just from this list) and I'm
curious. Why do type 1s not want to be associated with type 2s?

Jan and ElvisToo