[IP] Re: 1800 rule and Kevin

     I'm not sure that those "rules" are supposed to apply to kids.  For each
.1 unit of insulin Claire will drop 18 points, thus 1 unit drops her 180 (10
mm0l).  Her TDD is around 22-25 units.  This rate of high bg correction was
suggested by the nurse when she started pumping and turned out to be the
perfect rate for her.  I think it is about half the amount needed by adults.
Yet her insulin/carb ratio is the same as many adults, at 1:15.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8