Re: [IP] Shaving For Diabetes

Liz,
 Hi Yeah I can't go with out shaving any time..... My family has picked on me
since the comment WAS MADE i WAS CUTTING VEGETABLES FOR A SALAD FOR DINNER AND
MY 11 year old son Said "Mom you can't use that knife you're diabetic...heheheh
Let me know what the people at work say. Thanks Bonne'
  liz <email @ redacted> wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax
deductible contributions.

> Hi Guys, I heard the weirdest thing todayat the doctor.... This is with
my GP
> you know the normal check up blah blah. He was checking my legs and
noticed
> where I had NICKED my self shaving my legs,and started giving me this BIG
speech
> on "How Diabetics SHOULDN"T SHAVE ANY PART of there body" Because of the
razar
> and the chance of cutting your self. Has any one else heard this??? I know
I can
> use NEER but there are some parts of my body that can go....... Love to
hear
> your comments.

that gave me a good laugh first thing in the morning. :) can you just
imagine if no diabetics could shave - probably including type 2's, since
they're also prone to infections. i mean, gillette would go under in a
week!

*giggles*

i mean, i may not shave my legs as much in the winter because it's so dry
that i end up irritating my skin (same with the nair products), but once the
humidity comes back into the air, that hair comes off!

i'm gonna have to pass your doc's comment on to the nurses at work today.
they'll laugh.