Re: [IP] anyone else go low when they're tired?

> i've been noticing in the past few weeks, a period where i've been getting
> very very little sleep and been quite busy with school, that my sugars have
> been going very low a lot.  i know full well it's a ymmv thing, but i'm
> curious if it happens to anyone else.
>
> liz - ottawa, first final in 2 weeks.
I have found that when I am in high stress situations I will go low and have
a hard time keeping my sugars up.  I have ended up in the Er two times
because of this.  Each time the attending dr. did blood work. First time I
was starting with a cold and my Potassium was low.  Second time the only
thing they could find in the blood work was that my potassium was low and it
was suggested that I take potassium pills (OTC).  Since then I have been in
some very stressful situations and find that I have a very hard time
bringing my BG's back to normal.  So I will take about 2 or 3 days worth of
potassium pills (not all at once but for 2 or 3 days), eat lots of banana's
and spinach (stuff with potassium in them).  Then I seem to be fine until
the next time.  Luckily for me it does not happen very often. Of course this
is what helps me. YMMGV (Your Mileage May Greatly Vary)
--
Kim
Dx'd 1983 pumping 2 yrs