Re: [IP] re: alcohol pads and CVS

> "seems like too many "diabetics"...were stealing them"
> That sounds ridiculous to me.  Here the CVS's say they put them under lock
> key as they have alcohol in them and folks, in general would steal them.
> do they think folks do squeeze out the alcohol content.

My husband has always kept alcohol swabs on hand, and I think probably a lot
of people do.  (That's easier than applying the alcohol to a cotton ball.)
Those stealing them probably weren't just diabetics.  Besides, when I was on
injections, I didn't bother with the alcohol anyway.  I'll bet there are a
number of diabetics on MDI who don't bother with the alcohol at all.  (My
endo back then used to have a sign up in his office, a quote from Lois
Jovanovic.  "The only purpose of alcohol is to increase the pain of an
injection."  After I had him explain that, I stopped using alcohol.  BTW,
the quote may not be exactly correct.)

What I DON'T understand is why a customer would be any more likely to steal
alcohol pads than anything else.  They have lots of other more pricey items
that are just sitting there for the taking.

Locking up alcohol swabs really doesn't make a lot of logical sense.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990