[IP] swimming/coaches

Hi Lattany,

 I was/am a swimmer also and have had some interesting coaches. But I've never
had any of them say right out that I'm not allowed to check my blood sugar
(although they've often made it pretty clear without words). That's awful and
I'm so sorry. I assume you're swimmning competitvely, is that at a college, high
school, adult level? I think that's awful and your coach needs some information
and reality checks. I had to have my water polo team drag me out of the water
once and it was not fun. Water and unsupportive, ignorant coaches don't mix
well. Let me know if I can help at all.

>Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:17:19 -0500
>From: "Lattany" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] Exercise In Spite of BG

>>>I swim about 3+ hours a day, and that's exactly what I do.  If I'm low,
drink a juice box and go on to practice, and if I'm high I'll correct
it and
go on.  The only problem we've come to is that my coach isn't very
understanding of my diabetes.  He, usually, will not let me out of the
to check my BG and we've had some pretty severe lows because of it.
>>>our current battle. :-)

Do you Yahoo!?