Re: [IP] Paradigm- Any Suggestions for maximizing units remaining after set c...

What I have done to give myself more insulin is I fill up the reservoir and
then attach it to the tubing and push the insulin through by hand with the
plunger until a drop comes out of the end.  After I have the tubing filled up
I reattach the reservoir to the insulin bottle and fill it up as full as I
can (usually I pull the plunger down until I can just barely see the black of
the first O-ring starting to show, and the part that the plunger screws in to
is just past flush with the bottom of the reservoir).  Then I put in the in
pump and prime until I see another drop of insulin come out of the needle
(which shows up on the screen as 0.0 units).  After doing this I always check
to see how many units are remaining and I always get between 171-174 units.
I'm not quite sure this wording has made any sense-I'm on antibiotics and
pain killers and not making much sense today.  If you have questions feel
free to ask and I will try to clarify.  Hope this helps.
            Diagnosed 8-13-93 (age 11)
        Pumping since 7-18-02 w/ my blue Paradigm "Lancelot"