[IP] gauging insulin in reservoirs

I use the Paradigm, its the only pump I have experience with.  The paradigm
checks and keeps track of how much insulin is in your reservoir on its own
without the "operator" having to input any info......Are there actually pumps
out there in which you have to tell the pump how much insulin is in the
reservoir instead of the pump automatically keeping gauge on its own?
The feature of being able to check the reservoir during priming to keep a
running gauge on insulin content seems to me to be a no brainer, i cannot
imagine using a pump that doesnt do this.