Re: [IP] My Reasons (& Nursing Homes) -Cozmo?

On Monday, March 17, 2003, Cynthia VanDenBerge <email @ redacted>
>  As one who is "in the industry" here is
> what is up with nursing homes and assisted living
> places.  Often, people do not know the difference
> between the two.
> A nursing home can supply skilled
> nursing care 24 hours a day.  This means that people
> with diabetes who are on an MDI program (or pump)
> would get the care they are used to having.

Cynthia, I do know the difference, and the institution I was talking
about was definitely a nursing home.  Your statement about nursing
homes and diabetes care certainly did not apply there.  If you work in
one, perhaps it does in yours. :-)

But it actually would be quite surprising if pumpers could expect "the
care they are used to having" in a nursing home, since most of us don't
seem to even expect to get it in a hospital, going by all the posts of
people insisting on retaining control of their own diabetes treatment
during hospitalizations, surgery, etc. <gr.>.

Linda Z