Re: [IP] Exercise In Spite of BG

Linda (& Dax) asked if other folks exercise regardless
of their BG -either high or low.

My answer - YES.  I couldn't play competitive tennis
if I depended on my BG being at some specified level.
And you can imagine how cranky I might get if I
couldn't play tennis! :)

This morning, in fact, I awoke to a 350.  Took my
breakfast bolus + correction.  Waited 30 minutes to
make sure it was coming down.  At 270 I climbed on my
bike and took off.  When I got home I was a decent 120
where it's stayed there or below ever since.

When I'm on the tennis court I just suck down Gu gel
and keep playing.  If I'm REALLY worried about going
low, then I just turn down my pump to 50% or less.

I use a lot of excuses to not exercise, but my BG
isn't one of them!  (If it were, I'd be on the cover
of the BBW calendar). :)

Good luck to you.  HTH.

-gail in denver
Currently training for a top-bottom round trip in one
day at the Grand Canyon in 2 weeks.

Do you Yahoo!?