[IP] RE: Trouble with Minimed 508

Yep, like someone else said the warranty is four years on the pump so you have
until May 2004.  I wanted to do like you, and get a new one now. My new Endo
said no HMO is going to approve a new pump for me until my warranty is up and
my pump is dead.  I plan to help it to it's death after the four years.

Btw, if you keep getting refurbished--it is possible to have them send you a
brand new pump in a whole new box. They did it for me, and it did not require
signing any papers (so I don't think it changed the warranty.) It doesn't hurt
to ask, and it can be done.