Re: [IP] problems getting off of Ultralente

> I think Tami is absolutely correct. You MUST have a long-acting insulin on
> board for a basal and stopping the UL has cut that out. You *recover* by

That's not really true. Until NPH was invented, there was nothing but
regular available. On occasion, for both a failed pump as well as river
running, Lily has covered basal requirements for as long a 3 days by just
doing an injection of regular insulin every 4-5 hours. Our experience has
been that this provides bg stability as good as on the pump. While doing
this, she use additional doses for food or bg corrections. She always had
an infusion site in for this and shot right into the portal on the device
so fundamentally saw no real difference in her routine.