At 09:18 PM 3/15/2003 -0600, Kristen Olgren wrote:

>I was the one who said it.  All I can do is speak from my own experience.

This illustrates a fundamental problem in forming theories based on one's
own experience.  You may well be correct, but the way to validate it is not
with a single case and especially not with your own.  There's no way to
remove personal bias when the case is yourself.  It's necessary to study
many cases to understand the value of any therapy.  That's why we support
research and why good protocol is part of the ethical evaluation done by
Institutional Review Boards (IRB) before human subjects research is approved.

Jim Handsfield, member of IRB "A" for CDC
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.