Re: [IP] My Reasons

> When I finally woke up I was in
> Emergency.  Turns out I mixed up the insulin and took 30+ units of
> Regular and only 4-5 units of the Ultralente.  Had never happened before
> and I sure do not want it to ever happen again.  That is one of the more
> compelling reasongs for me going on the pump.

I think that your problem there was something that SEVERAL of us experienced
on injections.  (I took Regular instead of NPH one time, but figured it out
before I went low and ate to prevent it.)

I can't help but think, though, of W.J.'s recent experience, with having the
door on her pump come open and having the reservoir accidentally pressed to
deliver some 40-50 units.  (Most of the current pump models available today,
with the exception of the 508, don't have a door like that so it probably
couldn't happen, though.)

But I guess my point is that accidents can happen, even on pump therapy.  So
it is good to be vigilant and aware of your diabetes all the time.  Your
risks are reduced, but not gone by virtue of the pump.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990