> This statement below about ace inhibitors is untrue.  Once kidney
> complications start, there is no reversing them.  You can put them off
> for years and years, but they never disappear or stop dead in their
> tracks.  I started on an ACE inhibitor almost 10 years ago, before any
> kidney problenms were even detected and yet I am on dialysis now an
> dhave been for almost 4 years now.  So, they can slow them down but
> not stop them completely.

I was the one who said it.  All I can do is speak from my own experience.
Fifteen years ago, I was spilling protein in my urine.  I was told this was
how kidney complications started, and that it indicated that in about
fifteen years, if nothing was done to reverse it, my kidneys would fail.

I was put on an ACE inhibitor at that time.  From that time forward, until
one time two or three years ago when my dose on the ACE inhibitor needed to
be raised, I have not dumped any protein in my urine.

My kidneys were given a prognosis of about fifteen years.  Today, some
fifteen years later, they don't even spill protein.  Perhaps I am in error,
but my interpretation of what happened to me is that my kidney complications
were stopped dead in their tracks.  YMMV.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990