[IP] Lantus after pumping

Hi there!  I was just wondering if anyone had experience with Lantus after
pumping?  I am going on a beach vacation in 6 weeks and want to get a
prescription for Lantus to use instead of my pump for the week on the beach
(hard to wear pump in sun and water!)  I will talk with my endo of course but
was curious how to figure out how much I would use of Lantus and when to give
it and how often???  Any info would be extremely helpful...thanks!!!  Please
email any responses to me privately mailto:email @ redacted