This statement below about ace inhibitors is untrue.  Once kidney
complications start, there is no reversing them.  You can put them off
for years and years, but they never disappear or stop dead in their
tracks.  I started on an ACE inhibitor almost 10 years ago, before any
kidney problenms were even detected and yet I am on dialysis now an
dhave been for almost 4 years now.  So, they can slow them down but
not stop them completely.

I can't speak for Gail's previous doctor, but MANY endos do,
particularly if the patient is dumping protein in their urine.  Early
on, it can stop kidney complications dead in their tracks