Re: [IP] Getting a Cozmo trial like pulling teeth

BTW, one of the other IPers thinks pulling teeth is like pulling teeth! ;-)

> At least you got the other pump companies to give you a loaner, and Deltec
> to come by and show you one.  Back in 1999 when the choices were Minimed
> Distronic I couldn't get either of them to even show me one.   All said
> they didn't hand these things out for free they were expensive machines!
> doctors office had one of each to show, but they weren't loaning them to
> patients.

>>Honestly, now THAT is ridiculous.  How is one supposed to decide on a pump
without trying it out?!  I'm surprised.>>

It's called progress. I have been pumping 19.5 years and have my 5th pump
and was never offered one for trial. You did it or you didn't do it. These
pumps were for us to hold and examine, but not taken home. *Now* they do, so
those who didn't get to now can compare today to the *Olden Days*. ;-)

>>  I had a trial way back before I ever went on the pump, but I got the
loaner in my doctor's office.  I don't believe they were putting enough
patients on the pump in that office, though, to have bought one for that
purpose. >>

I imagine they did not buy it, but the pump company gave it to the office as
a sales tool.

>>Anyway, it would appear that they decided trials were worthwhile since

Again, it's called Progress.

>>I just think that a trial run is only reasonable, both for someone who has
never pumped before and even for someone who has.  You have to try it out to
know if the way it works makes sense to you, and if you like how it

*Progress*. That compares to my statements of learning at least 17 things
about pumping that I was never taught before I got on the 'net. As pumping
practices progressed, I was not kept informed.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of World's Youngest Pumper)

What's good about the Good Ol' Days? They're gone!