Re: [IP] ACE inhibitors

> Gail, can I ask why your previous doctor even suggested ace inhibitors?  I
> have seen several endos over the years, the current one from Joslin, and
> none have ever even mentioned to me to take one.  You didn't mention if
> had other symptoms to suggest it.

I can't speak for Gail's previous doctor, but MANY endos do, particularly if
the patient is dumping protein in their urine.  Early on, it can stop kidney
complications dead in their tracks.

The lowest my BP ever got was something over 60, (that is, WITH the ACE
inhibitor, not without it) but I was still dumping protein.  (Actually I
don't recall for sure, but there was some concern when I started, because my
BP was on the low side of normal.)  With the ACE inhibitor, I don't.  I've
been using one for fifteen years.  So it is certainly something that YMMV.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990