Re: [IP] avoiding certain foods

Yes as usual Sara, you've hit the dilemma on the head.  It's the
quality of life issue.  And of course it's the same reason why so
many people still smoke.
    It also reminds me of the first of the studies that showed how
calorie restriction could extend ones life.  It's been confimed in
several species now, but after the first one was published several
year ago showing you could almost double a mouse's life span with a
50% calorie restriction, some psychologist went around surveying
people, asking would they be willing to eat half what they currently
eat if they could be guaranteed living to be 150.  Well I don't have
to tell you how many people said, no way jose.
   Indeed some people  think eating is even better than sex :-)
   ---- Must be some old diabetics ----  :-)