Re: [IP] 4th amendment violation AKA airport screening....

> I few from Detroit to New Orleans last summer with no problems at all,
> but on the return flight home, the checker demanded a prescription for
> the bottle of test strips in my purse (not the pump, not the pump
> supplies, not even the lancettes, just the test strips!)  Since I didn't
> have that, but produced a bottle of insulin from my carry on with an Rx
> label on it, she let me through "just this once".  They are clueless!

Oh, this is truly LOVELY.  I get my strips from my DME supplier, and they
NEVER have a prescription label.

Clueless is correct.

But the more I think about it, the more I think that if a problem ever DID
occur, the thing to do would be to ask to speak to the screener's
supervisor.  They need to know that what they are doing is incorrect so they
don't do it any more.  "Just this once," should apply to the screener, along
with a "never again."

Real quick question here:  Just supposing you were hijacking a plane, who
are you going to threaten with blood sugar strips?  How can you use them for
weapons?  Remember, the problem was no label on the strips, not the lancets.

I'd like to know, so that I can terrorize any hijacker that threatens a
plane I'm on.  I can't presently figure out a way to make my strips seem any
more sinister than they actually are.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990