Re: [IP] Cozmo Issues

> & I want only the best for him. I don't want to regret "my" pump choice in
> to 2 years. I don't want him to have a bad experience, after all the pump
> the best that we have at this time.>>>

This doesn't seem to be going over that well on this list, but I, for one,
FULLY empathize and agree with it.  I suppose our circumstances are very
different, given that I am presently pumping, but I've been dragging my feet
about my pump purchase for more than six months and will likely go a while
longer before I actually decide what to do for precisely the same reason.
The only thing that would make me go ahead right now is if my pump died.

Just think about all the Paradigm failures we've read about on this list,
some of them happening multiple times to the same people.  But most of these
people are stuck with their purchase for four years.  Every so often, they
have to utilize one back up method or another.  It seems to me it might be
enough to ruin pumping for the person.

How do we know, early on, how the Cozmo is going to do?  And it is the ONLY
pump out there with the features it has.  You can't get one like that if you
don't get it.  And if that is what you want, and going ahead with something
else means wanting it for the next four years, then why on earth wouldn't
you wait?

Honestly, I don't think the delay of even a few months is going to wreck the
child's future for life.  It seems like when the decision is someone else's
to make, some of you are a little too ready to throw stones.  Maybe if you
put yourself in the other person's shoes, you might feel differently.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990