Re: [IP] Re:IP] Airports

In a message dated 3/13/03 5:27:54 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 At 10:00 AM 3/13/03, you wrote:
 >So, explain to me how one goes through (Phoenix) with a watch, medic alert
 >bracelet, and a belt buckle. Oh, yeah, I had steel lasts in my shoes. I
 >beeped at each spot I wore these metals. Do you not wear anything like what
 >I mentioned? This was January 13, 2003 - before the Orange alert.
 >\(/ Jan (63 y/o, dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
 >Dialyzing since 7/8/02
 Well, let's see I went through Phoenix in October 2002 with a watch,
 medical alert bracelet, metal framed eyeglasses, earrings and yes, my lucky
 necklace and never beeped at all.  Have never worn steel lasts in my shoes,
 though. YMMV. >>

I always have on about 3 rings, a watch, medical alert necklace and pump --
and rarely beep. Sometimes I do. Sometimes it's my shoes (Birkie sandals
even). Who knows? I think they set the metal detectors at different

My poor little 11-year-old grandson accidentally touched the side of the
metal detector in San Francisco in November and got the full search routine.
He had to empty his pockets and everything! You know what all a little boy's
pockets can hold?! LOL

Jan and ElvisToo