Re: [IP] 4th amendment violation AKA airport screening....

At 10:00 AM 3/13/03, you wrote:
>Hear, hear!!  And I thought I was the only one recommending this policy.
>Listen, folks, this is THE way to fly!  And I like the pocket idea for the
>insulin.  That way it doesn't get fried in the X-ray machine, but you don't
>have to draw attention to yourself doing it.
>IF anybody asks (and that'll be the day), I can pull the insulin out of my
>pocket and confirm that I do, indeed, have the right to carry my sharps.
>dxd 1985, pumping since 1990

I flew to Phoenix from Detroit in this past October.  I also followed
Sara's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.  Went through the screening in
Detroit, nothing set off any alarms, picked my bag up from the end of the
conveyor belt and boarded the flight with nary a question or
discussion.  Same thing on the return trip.  Made life so much simpler and
easier.  And, I would NEVER call the airline and ask them anything, they
might tell me to turn my pump off during the flight or leave it at home,
since they're clueless and don't have ANY idea.