Re: Subject: [IP] bagels

>resist the urge to test 2 hours after eating...both humalog, and
>novalog, as
>well as the old fashioned velosulin may still be on the UPswing at the

I hate to sound argumentative...but resist the urge to test 2 hours
post meal?????  I don't think that is very good advice in the

I can't speak for Novolog, since it has a "smoother" curve than
Humalog...but for me, after 2 hours, over 85% of the insulin I've taken
is used up.  (I've done numerous tests to verify this unused insulin
rule for me...specifically, 85% of the insulin is used up after 1.8
hours)  The "use" curve of Humalog is such that MOST of the insulin is
used in the first 1 1/2 hours.  I suspect that Novolog would be very
similar, though with perhaps a slight difference.

So, 2 hours post-bagel is a good time to test.  If it is quite high
then, most likely it will still be high in another two hours.  Testing
2 hours post-meal is HIGHLY recommended...not something to "resist the
urge" from.