[IP] bolusing for fat

Hey all. Those of you who can do combination bolusing or extended
bolusing...can I get some much needed help? When Kevin had Htron, we would
bolus for the whole amount of the food, and then 150% for 2-4 hours...but he
usually was fine at 2 & 3 hours...and spiked high at 4-6 hours.

We tried a combination bolus for his pizza the other day, and the same thing
happened. For instance:

2 pieces of pizza at 47 carbs...we bolused for 47 carbs - 70% up front and 30%
over 3 hours.2 and 3 hours out...he was at 150 did small corrections...but 4
and 6 hours out he was over 200 - and the combination bolus was done. Do we
make it more insulin spread over a longer time?

It is getting frustrating to deal with at bedtime. It was his birthday dinner
lastnight. I made steak, and mashed potatoes (boxed) and garlic bread (high
fat) and he had 40 carbs of birthday cake. 2 & 3hours out he was in the 150's
again...then 4 hours out he was over 200, we correct, he's high at 6 hours
out, we correct, he's high at 8 hours out! That is a long time for FAT!!!

If anyone can tell me how it has worked for you...I'd appreciate it. I know
YMMV...but I'm hoping others have been successful at this.

Mom to Kevin