[IP] bagels

there is nothing magic or extra in the bakery bagels that are causing the
problem  Try WEIGHING one - they are literaly 3 or 4 times the weight of the
standard issue frozen Lenders bagels that all the exchange books count as 15
grams of carb.  When I lived in NY, i had to take 4 units for one bagel (my
ratio is 1 unit to 15 grams)...additionally, i had to spread that out over
about 2 1/2 - 3 hours due to the fat slowing down the absorbtion of the

resist the urge to test 2 hours after eating...both humalog, and novalog, as
well as the old fashioned velosulin may still be on the UPswing at the

Sara Smarty Pants AZ