[IP] Re: Hypertrophy and Infusing Insulin

<< I don't know if
hypertrophy affects absorption. I wouldn't think so, but I don't

I was told several times that it did affect absorption of injected insulin.
The doctors and nurses kept saying that Claire's erratic bgs were due to me
injecting in areas of hypertrophy.  Though all her areas had hypertrophy, I
had run out of new spots. (She was so bad that nurses would comment how they
had never seen anything like that before)  HOWEVER, the erratic bgs and NPH
not working as expected did occur less than 6 months after her dx at age 2,
and before the hypertrophy was evident.

If hypertrophy doesn't affect absorption of infused/pumped insulin, I will be
much relieved, as it really is something I always worry about, given her
previous nightmarish experiences.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8