[IP] Re: college & diabetes

 I think this is definitely the time where your daughter becomes more
responsible for her own
 diabetes care. My parents helped me meet the school nurse (at a small college)
when I first
 moved away from home. Apart from that, I didn't need any special care. My
professors were
 always understanding if I had a diabetes-related problem in class. I think most
teachers are
 compassionate -- if not, a school administrator will help her out. I did not
have an air-
 conditioned room, but a mini-fridge is VERY helpful. I, too, had snacks all
over my room.

Rebecca T.
25yrs old