[IP] Re: Trouble shooting pump- Animas

Thanks Chris

I needed some feedback.  Right now I'm pretty negative about pumping as I
came home from the retinologist with good news-eyes stable-but a bg of 477
and feeling like death warmed over.  I think the meds I'm on for the muscle
spasms are depressing me and making me too sleepy to handle my pump right..
I checked the infusion site when I came home and noticed a small bubble at
the luer lock. I didn't tighten it enough when I changed the cartridge this
morning so insulin must have been leaking.  I could smell it. That seems to
have been the problem, but I also upped my basals and tonight I'm ok.  Oh
well tomorrow's another day and I decided to stop the Vioxx and Valium
prescribed last Sunday in the ER when I had muscle spasms and a bg of 550.
Sometimes it's not the pump but the user that's the problem

Denise Guerin
Type 1 48 years.