Re: [IP] Re: Hypertrophy and Infusing Insulin

> Michael writes:
> > <<Lily had this happen to her tummy, quit
> > using if for about 6 months and it disappeared. Over the last couple
> > of years she's been exclusively using her upper buttocks and
> > commented to me over xmas that there was some hypertrophy at those
> > site. Also mentioned that she didn't think it would matter there
> > or something humorous to that effect :-)>>
> >
> Does she not worry that it will affect insulin absorption?  I worry about
> that a lot.  Claire can only use her upper butt area for her sites (tummy
 > sites pop out the quick-set cannula). At age 6 on injections she was covered
> in hypertrophy--arms, tummy and less so on upper butt and legs.  It was
> really awful and I worry about it still with pumping and her not being able
 > (for the next few years at least) to use her tummy. I do not worry about the
> aesthetic affect, only about the sites working.

Lily's hypertrophy is minimal, and this is after quite a few years of
using the same area. It's probably one of those YMMV things where it
is more of a problem for some than others. I don't know if
hypertrophy affects absorption. I wouldn't think so, but I don't