[IP] Lantus pre-pump?

Hi all,
We are starting the paperwork for my 4 year old to get the Animas pump.  We
are very excited!  She is currently on 1 shot a day of Humulin N and Humalog.
 Would it be useful to switch to Lantus and Humalog for the next 6 weeks or
so so we are comfortable with our backup?  Or is it easy enough to figure out
if we need to?  I also want to express my gratitude for this list.  I have to
drive 250 miles for a pediatric endo who is pro-pump but it is worth it!!!!
Deirdre mom to Nicole (4) dxd 10/2001
Kelly (8), Blake (5) and Luke (2)