[IP] Re: Elevated A1c

Yes, my daughter will have elevated bs in the morning if she had a lot of
protein in the evening.  She is a grazer and sometimes she will eat a lot of

salami and cheese in the evening.  It took me awhile to figure out this was
elevating her bs.

I eat a low-carb diet.  Excess protein will elevate your blood sugar several
hours later.  I think it helps to increase your basal rate or do a
square-wave bolus.  Funny you mention salami and cheese.  I tend to graze on
that at night too, but I bolus for it.  My last A1c as of a couple of weeks
ago was 5.5.