[IP] Elevated A1c

Hi All,

Diabetic for over 22 years & historic A1c's have always been in the 6-7
range. Last Sept, I had bloodwork done & was 6.6.......Routine physical on
Thursday blood work came back with A1c 7.9 !!!!! Ughhhhhhh  I have never
been in better control & have had good fingerstrip tests regularly!!!! My
Diabetes doc asked me if Ive changed anything, & the only thing that Ive
been doing different has been cutting carbs out of my diet.....I lost 20 lbs
in 2 months & my doc refered me to a nutritionist that said the diet of
protein & fats is terrible for a diabetic due to the lag that these foods
turn into sugar 7 possibly at night my sugars have been elevated & causing
my numbers to be out of wack>.........Has anyone ever had similiar
experiences? Im meeting the nutritionist later this week & putting carbs
back into my diet as well as doing finger sticks every hour around the clock
for the next several days to monitor hour by hour!!
Thanks all