Re: [IP] Avoiding rises in blood sugar after eating

> As far as I know your sugar is "allowed" to go up to 11.0(200)
> an hour after meals, but It'll really depend on people's insulin reaction

In addition to asking here, I looked at the slide show by John Walsh on

The slide show indicates your estimate there is on the low side.  I think my
figures earlier were pretty close to on target, although the two hour target
should be a little lower, more like 160 or so.  I'm curious about what a
current edition of his book would say, but my copy is ancient, and would
have info on the action times of Regular.

Other than your point about how quickly insulin acts in your body, (which no
doubt plays a role, but can't be changed), the only other tip I've gotten
here is low carbing.  Well, I practically LIVE for carbs, so I think I'll
pass on that idea.

Guess some of us are luckier than others when it comes to blood sugars.  And
others have a great degree of self discipline in the carb department.  But
since I doubt that *everybody* who "hardly ever" goes over 200 is low
carbing, guess I'm just going to continue to wonder how they do it.

As for me, I'll be satisfied that my Humalog is working as its supposed to.
My A1c's would indicate that that's true.  And I'll only treat my highs at
two hours if they are minimum 180.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990