re: [IP] Airports

I have flown through ::counting in her head:: more
airports than I can remember since 9-11-01.  I have
NOT had a single problem.  I've only been wanded once
and that was in a small regional airport in the middle
of Iowa somewhere.  When the wand-er saw my pump, she
realized her error and let me pass through.

I have learned that as I place my carry-on bags onto
the scanner belt - I ask very loudly (um, yes, that's
my normal voice) "WILL MY INSULIN BE OKAY?".  Everyone
nods in unison and they let me through without a
second look.  One time I had a very delightful
conversation about diabetes with one of the TV
watchers working the line.

The couple of times I've been asked to remove my
"pager".  I just pull out the tubing and say "it's

It's too bad that some folks are still being hassled.
Maybe a well placed letter to both the head of the
airline(s) you flew on, as well as a letter to the
head of Homeland Security and TSA.  Worth a try!

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?