Re: [IP] Re: Appearance of Pumps (Bolusing Through Clothes)

In a message dated 3/10/2003 4:14:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hmmm....considering I wear my pump in either my bra or pants pocket,
> bolusing through my clothes would look interesting, to say the least
> (LOL).....

It CAN be done, and without being noticeable.  When we were pump shopping, I
met one rep who wore his Dtron inside his pants,  hanging from his underwear
(or so I was told - LOL) and bolused from his pants pocket. And another Rep
who wore her R-1000 inside her bra.  My daughter and I were curious about how
she managed to bolus when it a public place (like a restaurant) and she
showed us . . . with elbows bent, she crossed her arms in front of her and
used the hand closest to her chest to audio bolus through her blouse (her
pump was in the middle tucked in her bra).  She also said that when wearing
baggy tops she often hung her pump on the side of her bra where she could
just reach her arm across to bolus . . . wither method was not at all
noticeable.  You may not WANT to do so (my daughter certainly doesn't), but
it IS an option . . .

Pumpmama to Katie