[IP] Re: 1st meter stories

> Would some other people tell there first meter stories?
> Phoenix

I did the pee thing (well, was supposed to) for 32 years - then told I had
to test my BGs for a year ('82) to get a pump. I used the ChemStrip bG
strips, which I cut in 1/3s cuz they were so expensive. Well, I've told you
I bent my own needles even after they charged more when they sold them
pre-bent. I've told you I continue to use non-QR SofSets cuz I used
non-disconnect straight needles for 10 years before I used SofSets. So, when
I got my first expensive meter (given to me) and could not cut strips and
use it, I gave it away. That's my first meter story.

That was also when endo said using the color chart with the cut strips was
fine because: "So what if you read it as 200 and it's actually 186, you're
not going to do anything about it anyway. "

I don't recall when I started using a meter -  prolly late '80s, but from
the beginning I just poked myself with the lancet w/o a device. When I got
my Accu-Chek Complete in the user study (free - I think around '94?) I used
the SofClix. But for the purse meter, I still just *poke.* That's less to

 Now, in just 4 weeks I can change my lancet again cuz it'll be time-change
for most of the nation. YMMV

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

 Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be impossible?