Re: [IP] Re: Appearance of pumps (WAS: Good Stories about the Paradigm)

In a message dated 3/9/2003 9:24:37 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> <I
> insisting that I switch to the D-tron because she doesn't personally like
> MM
> products, and has told me that I'm being childish about the appearance. The
> D-Tron hangs halfway down the side of my leg when its lengthwise, and if I
> wear it the other way, its in the way.
> Weird Jenn>
> Jenn, your CDE  doesn't wear your pump, you do.  It's pretty nervy of her
> "insist" you switch to D-tron because of her personal preferences.  While
> she may express a preference for one company over another, it is rude and
> unprofessional of her to call you childish or try to force you into
> choosing
> something she would choose.  Her job is to educate you as to the available
> options out there so that you can make an informed decision.  She sounds
> like a control freak.
> Shawna

This of course goes the other way for all the medical professionals who stuff
MM products down patients throats. It should ALWAYS be the patients choice -
for the shyer types the medico types should heolp them do a pro/con list for
each pump so that they come to a decision.

Linda & Dax