Re: [IP] Re: Appearance of pumps (WAS: Good Stories about the Paradigm)

In a message dated 3/9/2003 7:34:09 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Interesting that some of you have made these negative comments about the way
> the Disetronic pumps look.  For me, it's a medical device, and I couldn't
> care
> less about how it looks.  In fact, hardly anyone except my family has ever
> seen my pump.  I just bolus through my clothes and have no need to pull it
> out
> more than once a day to remind me of something.

I agree with this point. My h-tron doesn't have the bells and whistles of
some other pumps but it also means that I can easily bolus through my
clothes. One person mentioned the "ugly" buttons on the side - but you can
feel them - there are no screens that I need to read - all I so is count how
many times I push the button and I have the beeps (both while I am pressing
and the recount before the bolus) to recheck.  It's a nice feature. I prefer
to look at my pump when I bolus - but I know I can safely bolus without doing
so if the conditions suggst this.

Linda & Dax